My Second CW 10 Exercise- The Strangest Thing That Happened To Me
I was sitting on my bench, facing the sky as it was turning as pink as burnt flesh. I had been practicing for hours and my fingers were stubborn that day. As I released my final note, a friend walked towards my direction. She was holding something hidden in a folded tissue. Inside was a chunk of brownie. She gave me a piece, and looked just like any other brownie. Nothing in its physical appearance indicated otherwise. I took a bite and chewed and chewed until there was nothing left in my mouth but a strong aftertaste. My friend's eyes were different, as if her eyelids had been bitten by a large insect. She walked away smiling to herself. Then, moments, minutes or hours after, I moved my head sideways. I could see the micromovement of my hands as I touched my head. The colors every where were as new, as if i were looking through baby's eyes. I called Enrico-- pick me up, I feel strange or sick, or something. I enjoyed my finger's movements. I felt like, but heavy at the same time like I was swimming in an
air-pool. My cheeks and mouth were numb. I was in a state of half dream. I felt as if I am in a surreal painting and slowly the colors were being washed out until everything was black.
air-pool. My cheeks and mouth were numb. I was in a state of half dream. I felt as if I am in a surreal painting and slowly the colors were being washed out until everything was black.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home