Saturday, July 16, 2005

Surreal

It's all too surreal. I met Neil Gaiman, I got to hug and kiss him and I bought a shirt from one of his bouncers( who was actually really really nice, hi kuya!). The whole Gateway- Gaiman experience was too much, that was the longest day of my life, as in, literal. Ang saya saya saya ko. I am deliriously happy and Neil Gaiman is my favorite person. Well, he had been always in my list pero nung nakita ko ang kabaitan nitong taong to, wow, mahal ko na sha. Grabe talaga he turned me into a 100% percent geek. dati mg 70% lang. I met some really nice people while I was in line for the book signing. Hi Karen and Debbie and to the two people behind me :) We were in line for almost 8 hours. Feeling ko ako na ang pinakaweird na tao sa buong mundo dati at feeling ko ako lang ang nag- iisang totoong Neil Gaiman fan sa Pilipinas. But no, madami pala kami. At masaya. Karen and I thought we were weird sa lagay naming yun pero nung nakita namin ung isang tumpok ng f.a students from *toooot* naisip namin kung weird kami, sila FREAKS. Grabe it's one thing to be noisy and happy pero iba na kapag nagwawala na at nagpapasingit ng mga benteng tao sa pila. Nang- hahahassle na nga nakakatakot pa yung mga hitsura. Tipong, "mommy I played with your make- up kit" ang drama. Pati dun sa mga mga kaharap ko, hi! They were really nice and we were all just trying to humor ourselves para naman hindi kami ma- buro dun. But the whole experience was really fun. I met people who read the same stuff for years at nakakakila ako ng mga real Sandman lovers. Favorite ko nga pala anf Brief Lives. Napakapowerful nung restraint ng storya at gusto ko yung gawa ni Jill Thompson. Waaaaaaah!!! I love Neil Gaiman!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3 Comments:

Blogger tanya said...

I'm so glad you were able to meet him, baby! I was so scared for you that day, na it would be a big disappointment if you didn't meet neil. But i'm glad we now have stories to share, even if i'm a pretty new convert to gaiman's genius.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello rica. rakrakan tayo.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Paperboats said...

Bernice nood ka rakestra, maari kita bgyan compli kaso lang mejo hindi sa harap yun pero ayus lang :)

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home